Message

PLEASE COMMENT

AND GIVE US YOUR THOUGHTS!!!



the long road....

the long road....
THE JOURNEY STARTS NOW!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chinese Legend of The Red Thread


Well, things are progressing at our house....a little more agency paperwork done, another item for the trip to China purchased, more cleaning and reorganizing in the kid's bedrooms...
It's a slow and steady walk to the finish line and I'm trying to savor every detail, every moment of this preparation!

I have also been reading about the Chinese culture and current etiquette and customs. I have to be careful because when I'm on-line surfing around and reading.... the hours tend to fly by and my daily "to do" list doesn't get any shorter!! One of the things I learned from a dear friend (Linda!) is especially appropriate for an adoptive parent and their new child.
She told me about "The Legend of the Red Thread". There is an ancient Chinese belief which states that when a child is born, an invisible red thread connects that child's soul to all those people - present and in the future - who will play a part in that child's life. As each birthday passes, those threads shorten and tighten, bringing closer those people who are fated to be together. Grace just celebrated her 3rd birthday on April 14th...... and 16 days later, the agency called to ask me if I would be her mother! The red thread that connects her to our family is getting shorter all the time as we prepare for our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment